Since launching in 2012, INAYAH has established itself as one of the world’s leading modest fashion brands for women who choose to adopt a modest dress code into their lifestyle.
We design and create beautiful modest clothing, allowing women to dress with confidence and sophistication. Our focus is simplicity; our collections are heavily inspired by modern minimalism fused with classic cuts, to produce timeless designs.
To further our growth and progression, we are seeking creative and dedicated people to join our friendly team.
We currently have a full-time position at our Milton Keynes Offices.
Creative Design Executive and Buyer - 40 hours per week, Milton Keynes based
- Lead the design process for Inayah with a primary focus to align our product proposition with our target market, as the brand’s creative guardian.
- Lead consumer and market insight to inform Inayah design alongside brand positioning.
- Deliver trend and competitor research including tradeshow visits and comp shops.
- Sketching and Illustrating product ideas across different mediums (manual and digital).
- Autonomous development of products from sketches, to first sample through to final product delivery.
- Managing and participating in regular fittings and lineup reviews.
- Range planning and presentation of ranges for sign off in collaboration with Buying & Merchandising.
- Working closely with international suppliers to ensure the timely development of products in line with deadlines.
- Negotiating and agreeing prices with suppliers throughout each process to achieve targets and margins.
- Management of the design critical path to ensure that sampling and production deadlines are met.
- Work with marketing/content function to define and build the brand experience including creative campaigns, e-commerce styling/photography and brand tone of voice online.
- Work with the Marketing team to inform and support the marketing and PR strategy including influencer outreach and affiliates. Support building external brand relationships to further build brand awareness.
What you’ll need to succeed:
This is a key role to help drive forward the company’s growth plan so it is critical that the post holder has the flexibility to carry out hands-on duties. It is essential that the post holder has an expert understanding of the modest wear market, including traditions, cultures and seasonality. The individual must be a great communicator, hardworking and energetic to create and implement new designs.
- 2+3yrs experience as a womenswear designer, ideally within the modest wear market
- Experience and knowledge of designing dresses and occasion wear
- Degree in womenswear design or equivalent essential
- Exceptional knowledge of fabrics and garment construction
- Experience designing both casual and tailored garments
- Excellent sketching skills and technical drawing skills
- Highly proficient in all Adobe Creative Suite programs and Microsoft Office
- Highly organised and precise in all tasks
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Willing to travel internationally as required
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.